Sunday, November 4, 2018

Highlighted Heron

It was a blustery afternoon and I was searching for a Heron.
The birds had apparently taken shelter from the strong wind.
I rounded the coming corner with a healthy helping of hope.
I looked in a slough to my immediate right, in anticipation. 
A Great Blue Heron stood feeding from the muddy bank.
I was elated.

I quickly found a good vantage point and I began snapping.
The sun was playing peek-a-boo and I was losing light fast.
The Heron looked up and began walking in my direction.
My heart skipped a beat as I waited for the punch line.
Where was it going?

I momentarily lost sight of the Blue in the camera's viewfinder.
My eyes frantically scanned the area where it had been fishing.
I hoped that I didn't accidentally frighten it, making it fly away.
As I looked down, I saw that it was fishing directly below me.
The evening sun was illuminating its beak, causing it to glow.
I thanked GOD for my many blessings, as I snapped my photographs.


Great Blue Heron



You can View my Nature Photography here:

http://al-powell.pixels.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment