Thursday, November 8, 2018

Black Woolly Bear

I spotted a bristly black caterpillar on a dank November night.
It was fervently feeding on some light green leafy vegetation.
When I touched the prickly hairs, it curled in a defensive circle.
That was the first time that I noticed reddish rings on its body.
That captivating caterpillar was two and a half inches of total awesomeness.

I did some research to find out what kind of caterpillar it was.
I had happily happened upon a Giant Leopard Moth Caterpillar.
That fuzzy caterpillar would eventually change into a wonderful white moth with shiny black and iridescent blue circular spots.
The moth would have a three inch wingspan and a beautiful blue belly with orange markings.

GOD created the coolest creatures.


Giant Leopard Moth Caterpillar




You can View my Nature Photography here:

http://al-powell.pixels.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment